Watercolor Material List - Landscape Experimentation
Remember don’t let the material list overwhelm you. These are all suggestions get close-mail or call if you are concerned. email@example.com 805-295-6690
Brushes: sizes of brushes are suggestions
• # 2 bristle brush
• 1 inch square or flat aquarelle (beveled edge used in place of a palette knife).
• 2 inch inexpensive pastry brush, or 2 inch flat brush or hake ( to apply washes)
• #4 rigor, script, or liner brush. (Long and Thin)
• # 10 round brush (optional)
• Palette knife
Pigments: QoR Golden /Grumbacher/ Winsor Newton/ American Journey student grade is a good start.
Primary colors: Red, Yellow, Blue and Sepia will work for first class.
• 140lb. Rough Dearcher’s acid free watercolor paper (available to purchase at class) paper can be purchased by the sheet so you can experiment.
• White with sections for painting and mixing (non-absorbent). A melmac or Styrofoam plate is a good start.
• 2 water containers, toothbrush, toilet paper, table salt, paint rag, masking tape, masonite board or something non-absorbent to tape your paper on, favorite photo’s to give you inspiration, kneaded eraser, HB pencil, small piece of sponge, pick –up, small soap , plastic wrap, blow-dryer , ph neutral glue ,blowdryer.
Bring a sack lunch.