Acrylic Material List
Remember don’t let the material list overwhelm you. These are all suggestions- get close. E-mail or call if you are concerned.
Brushes: sizes of brushes are suggestions/ note you may use your watercolor synthetic brushes. DO NOT use natural hair brushes. Wash brushes properly.
• 1” inch square
• #3 rigor, script, or liner brush. (Long and Thin)
• #8 or 10 round brush
• #2 bright bristle brush
• Palette knife
Pigments: Golden/Liquetex etc. any professional grade
• Any quality acrylic is fine. Bring what you have. Colors you like.
• I will supply samples of fun paints to try as extra’s
Recommended Colors: Primary Colors: Red, Yellow, Blue or bring the colors you love.
• Titanium White
• Pick 1 and we will share among the class :Golden Acrylic Mica Flakes/choose your favorite color, Tar Gel ,Fiber paste, or any other ground you think you might want to try (Don’t stress if you can’t find)
• Note: Colors don’t have to be exact. Make sure to pick a blue & red that creates a good purple. Bring your favorite colors if you already have them. A set also works.
• 1 canvas pad we will be doing sample work any size
• I will have several prepped boards for you also to experiment with and keep as samples
• Styrofoam plate is a good start. Disposable paper palette or aluminum foil also work.
• 2 water containers, toothbrush, toilet paper, paint rag, pencil, and small piece of sponge. Bring anything with texture you think would be fun to add to a painting (Dryer lint) I will supply gesso, glues, medium and more at class to add to your sampler…