Materials needed for the class (Michaels, Aaron Brothers, or Academy Art will have all the materials, or you can order them online):
– Strathmore 400 Series Drawing Pad (or similar), 12"x18"
– Derwent artists pencils (or similar), at least 3 pencils with 2H, HB, 4B hardness. As an example, the Derwent Academy Sketching Pencils tin has 12 pencils of varying hardness and is perfectly suited for all types of drawing.
– Kneaded rubber eraser
– Pink Pearl artists eraser (or similar)
– 12" ruler (any type)
– Feel free to bring in any other monochrome drawing material you'd like to use or experiment with, such as charcoal or conté crayons.
- Woodless graphite pencil - This is a solid graphite pencil wrapped with a plastic coating.