Watercolor Material List /Pen and Ink Sampler
Remember don’t let the material list overwhelm you. These are all suggestions get close. E-mail or call if you are concerned. firstname.lastname@example.org 805-295-6690
Brushes: sizes of brushes are suggestions
• # 2 bristle brush
• 1 inch square or flat aquarelle (beveled edge used in place of a palette knife).
• #4 rigor, script, or liner brush. (Long and Thin)
• # 10 round brush (optional)
Palette knife (credit card , nail clipper, emery board, pocket knife will work)
Pigments: QoR /Grumbacher/ Winsor Newton/ American Journey student grade is a good start.
Primary colors: Red, Yellow , Blue and Sepia will work for first class.
Recommended Colors Bring colors you love and I will also share some fun colors.
• 140lb. or 300lb. Dearcher’s Rough acid free watercolor paper (available to purchase at class) paper can be purchased by the sheet so you can experiment.
• White with sections for painting and mixing (non-absorbent). A melmac or Styrofoam plate is a good start.
• 2 water containers, toothbrush, toilet paper, table salt, paint rag, masking tape, masonite board or something non-absorbent to tape your paper on), favorite photo’s to give you inspiration, kneaded eraser, HB pencil, small piece of sponge, permanent marker (fine tip) required for pen and ink class and a non –permanent marker.