Abstract Acrylic Material List/Watercolor Style
Remember don’t let the material list overwhelm you. These are all suggestions- get close. E-mail or call if you are concerned.
• Brushes: sizes of brushes are suggestions/ note you may use your watercolor synthetic brushes. DO NOT use natural hair brushes. Wash brushes properly.
• 1” inch square
• #3 rigor, script, or liner brush. (Long and Thin)
• #8 or 10 round brush
• #2 bright bristle brush
• Palette knife (credit card, nail clipper, emery board, pocket knife will work)
Pigments: Liquitex /Golden/etc. any professional grade
• Any good quality acrylic is fine. Choose colors you enjoy.
Recommended Colors: Primary Colors: Red, Yellow, Blue or bring the colors you love.
• Titanium White
• Black to paint edges of canvas
• Note: Colors are what moves you . Make sure to pick a blue & red that creates a good purple. Bring your favorite colors if you already have them. I will have some fun colors to share.
• 2/12 by 12 or 14 by 14 cotton artist stretched canvas suggested. Squares work better for abstract. (Gallery wrap o.k.)
• (Available to purchase day of class) Let me know if I should hold one for you.
• Styrofoam plate is a good start. Disposable paper palette or aluminum foil also work.
• 2 water containers, toothbrush, toilet paper, paint rag, pencil, and small piece of sponge.
• I will supply rice papers, molding paste, gel medium, micas, glues, medium and more at class to complete your painting…