Watercolor Material List
Remember don’t let the material list overwhelm you. These are all suggestions get close.E-mail Gayle at email@example.com if you are concerned.
Brushes: sizes of brushes are suggestions
• # 2 bristle brush
• 1 inch square or flat aquarelle (beveled edge used in place of a palette knife).
• #4 rigor, script, or liner brush. (Long and Thin)
• # 10 round brush
• round and small inexpensive miskit/maskoid fluid brush
• Palette knife (credit card , nail clipper, emery board, pocket knife will work)
Pigments: QOR Golden/Grumbacher/ Winsor Newton/ American Journey student grade is a good start.
Primary colors: Red, Yellow , Blue and Sepia will work for first class.
• 140lb. or 300lb. Dearcher’s Rough acid free watercolor paper (available to purchase at class) paper can be purchased by the sheet so you can experiment.
• White with sections for painting and mixing (non-absorbent). A melmac or Styrofoam plate is a good start.
• 2 water containers, toothbrush, toilet paper, table salt, paint rag, (art masking fluid, miskit or maskoid), masking tape, ( masonite board or something non-absorbent to tape your paper on), favorite photo’s to give you inspiration, kneaded eraser, HB pencil, small piece of sponge, rubber cement pick –up,smallsoap. permanent marker (fine tip)